Red Gate has internships for students or recent graduates interested in the following areas:
- Video production
- Graphic art
- Marketing and PR
- Web content management
Please see below for more information about currently available internships at Red Gate!
Editorial Intern (English or Chinese)
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Positions Available: 2
- Application Deadline: Rolling
About Red Gate International
Red Gate International is a full-service media and communications agency with offices in Shanghai, Singapore and Toronto. Serving commercial and government clients since 2005, Red Gate offers a wide-range of publicity and media services: Marketing & Public Relations, Events, Film & Television and Video Production. Red Gate’s work spans a wide range of industries including lifestyle, sports, financial, tourism, design, manufacturing and construction. Corporate clients include Nike, HSBC, B+H, Freudenberg, Renaissance Hotels, English First and Dubai Properties.
Red Gate is the creator of The Highlife, China’s only ongoing luxury lifestyle television series, broadcast every week in China to engage viewers in the practical issues of selecting and appreciating the products, services and experiences that make up a high quality and rewarding lifestyle. For more information about the show, visit http://www.thehighlife.cn/en/ (English) or http://www.thehighlife.cn/ (Chinese).
Red Gate International is hiring two (2) outstanding editorial interns to work in the organization’s office in downtown Shanghai.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and exciting internship has a strong command of the written word (either Chinese or English language) and an interest in news writing and digital media. Red Gate seeks and values creative, responsible and highly motivated interns to contribute to the organization’s communications and publicity related products.
Red Gate provides a stimulating, multicultural and highly interactive work environment with flexible working hours designed for the current university student or recent graduate. The position is open to both Chinese nationals and native English speakers.
- Research story leads on various topics and industries
- Write short news articles for publication on the organization’s suite of digital media platforms
- Assist with the researching and providing other support on the organization’s ongoing and prospective business projects
- Other tasks as assigned
- Spoken English language proficiency is a must
- Capacity to adapt and learn quickly in a team oriented environment
- Commitment to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Word processing skills essential; advanced PowerPoint and Photoshop ability highly desired
- Knowledge of WordPress and social media savvy a plus
- Graphic design experience would be an asset
- Major in English (Chinese applicants), journalism, mass communications & media, public relations and related disciplines
Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent along with the following required items:
- Copy of your current English language resume or CV in pdf format
- Two (2) short writing samples either in English or Chinese, not to exceed 1,000 words each (preferably published articles)
- Preferred starting date
- Hours of availability per week
Please submit the above materials to: info (at) redgate.net.cn.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis or until all positions have been filled. Special consideration will be given to candidates with a demonstrated record of publication or prior experience in the publication and/or media industry.
Foreign applicants must meet Chinese visa, residency and other eligibility requirements. Red Gate is unable to act as a visa sponsor. All application materials submitted for consideration will be held in strict confidence.
For more information, please visit the Red Gate International website at www.redgate.net.cn.